Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Welding dayz and quite nights

One year ago I had the pleasure of becoming not only a Husband but also a father. And sense then I have been pushing myself to be a better person, harder worker, and better welder so I can continue to give my girls everything they want/need. 

My first frames were.... Well... Not the greatest.. but i kept on pushing. 10 frames down they looked better. 20 frames even better! 

Now i am over 100 frames. Mountain, Fat, Cross, Road, 4130 Cro-moly and KVA Stainless. Had to hand draw my first frames and figure out the geometry on paper (realized i should have paid attention a bit more in the 8th grade!) after struggling with that for awhile I finally got an actual Bike cad program. By that time i had it all pretty much figured out, but it did make my life way easier. Even updated the jig from an old milled out piece of aluminum to a full on Anvil with built in purging. Best part is the Bike cad corresponds with the jig for ease of set up and the perfect frame. 

I love looking at some of my old frames and comparing them to the new ones. Makes me proud of what i have done in just over a year. 

                                    KVA Stainless Cross frame! BB30 w/ Oversized Headtube

I spent my days welding away from home and my nights riding bikes or watching Tinker bell with my daughter. Could not be Happier! 





Just a big thanks to all who have been hanging with me sense the Ada Shop/ Commute days! Much love!